Just when you thought the guy was rounding into form he pulls this out of the bag. After driving it 336 yards on the par – 5 third hole, he tried three times to hook a ball around a tree and carry a lake on a 216 yard approach. Dumb! I remember my last double digit hole; a 10 on a par – 5 at my local muni a couple of years ago. That was full of dumb decisions and Sergio made the same mistake. You simply cannot compound an initial error and need to know when to back off and take your medicine. A professional tournament is rarely won on a single hole but can easily be lost on one. Let’s see how this affects his attitude and performance in round 2.
Avid sports fan and golf nut. I am a lifelong resident of the Washington D.C. area and love to follow the local teams. Also worked as a golf professional in the Middle Atlantic PGA for several years and am intrigued by the game to no end. I love to play and practice and am dedicated to continual improvement.
In the course of my travels, I love to sample jambalaya. Here’s my current top picks – Check ’em out!
1) Dead Dog Saloon, Murrells Inlet, SC
2) Shrimpy’s Blues Bistro, Treasure Island, FL
3) The Cheesecake Factory, Bethesda, MD
Bertucci’s Southington, CT
Miller’s Ale House, Rockville, MD
- "There is money you earn as salary, bonuses, investments, interest, theft; and then there's money that you win playing golf. Now that's real money." -Bill Murray
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2017 Season Wrap-Lessons Learned, Truths Revealed. November 19, 2017
- Troubling Epiphany – Need Help! November 12, 2017
- The Fix Becomes The Fault November 8, 2017
- First Tee, Fast Start! October 28, 2017
- The Opportunity Cost of Playing or not Playing Sports September 17, 2017
Day by day