Whoa, not so fast, Karen McKevitt. She’s a politician in Northern Ireland, and coined the phrase to describe Rory McIlroy fresh off his U.S. Open triumph. While McIlroy’s performance was stellar and dominating, a run of majors similar to to Tiger’s isn’t in the cards. The competition is too tough and young guns like Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, and Luke Donald are too hungry. Resurgent old timers like Lee Westwood and Sergio Garcia are showing good form and are also primed for runs now that Tiger is off the scene. So congrats on a great tournament but don’t get a big head and get ready to feel the heat at Royal St. Georges!
Avid sports fan and golf nut. I am a lifelong resident of the Washington D.C. area and love to follow the local teams. Also worked as a golf professional in the Middle Atlantic PGA for several years and am intrigued by the game to no end. I love to play and practice and am dedicated to continual improvement.
In the course of my travels, I love to sample jambalaya. Here’s my current top picks – Check ’em out!
1) Dead Dog Saloon, Murrells Inlet, SC
2) Shrimpy’s Blues Bistro, Treasure Island, FL
3) The Cheesecake Factory, Bethesda, MD
Bertucci’s Southington, CT
Miller’s Ale House, Rockville, MD
- "There is money you earn as salary, bonuses, investments, interest, theft; and then there's money that you win playing golf. Now that's real money." -Bill Murray
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Opportunity Cost of Playing or not Playing Sports September 17, 2017
- Good Practice Makes Great Play August 15, 2017
- Improving Ability To Concentrate August 5, 2017
- 2017 British Open Picks July 15, 2017
- Can You Handle Success? July 10, 2017
Day by day