Yes, good move for LaCava. Much speculation has been offered on LaCava’s decision to pick up Tiger’s bag with most of the sentiment running negative. Before we jump to conclusions, consider what LaCava’s motivations are. Early in his career he was on Fred Couples’ bag when Freddy took the 1992 Masters. He obviously earned a good living for the next 15 years and became Freddy’s confidant. Joe seems to want to remain on the big stage of the PGA Tour and switched to Dustin Johnson and his obvious upside potential when Freddy went on tour with the round bellies. I suspect LaCava is looking for more notoriety than earnings potential because unless Tiger is paying him a killer salary, Dustin Johnson’s playing potential is greater than Tiger’s. As we all know, being on Tiger’s bag can be a sideshow of its own and LaCava has positioned himself on center stage. Of more interest will be how Tiger performs at the Frys.com Open and if he can justify his controversial selection to the Presidents Cup team. Was the pick of Tiger and the timing of the switch of Couples’ long time caddy to Tiger coincidental? I doubt LaCava will have an effect one way or another on Tiger’s performance but he’ll certainly be along for the ride. The only loser here seems to be Dustin Johnson.
Avid sports fan and golf nut. I am a lifelong resident of the Washington D.C. area and love to follow the local teams. Also worked as a golf professional in the Middle Atlantic PGA for several years and am intrigued by the game to no end. I love to play and practice and am dedicated to continual improvement.
In the course of my travels, I love to sample jambalaya. Here’s my current top picks – Check ’em out!
1) Dead Dog Saloon, Murrells Inlet, SC
2) Shrimpy’s Blues Bistro, Treasure Island, FL
3) The Cheesecake Factory, Bethesda, MD
Bertucci’s Southington, CT
Miller’s Ale House, Rockville, MD
- "There is money you earn as salary, bonuses, investments, interest, theft; and then there's money that you win playing golf. Now that's real money." -Bill Murray
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Grind of a Swing Change December 16, 2017
- 2017 Season Wrap-Lessons Learned, Truths Revealed. November 19, 2017
- Troubling Epiphany – Need Help! November 12, 2017
- The Fix Becomes The Fault November 8, 2017
- First Tee, Fast Start! October 28, 2017
Day by day