First he dumps the girlfriend for Caroline Wozniacki, then the announcement that he’ll be playing more on the big stage, and finally he jettisons Chubby Chandler as his business manager. Seems like more of a case of a ballooning ego than anything. Okay, Mr. McIlroy, you won the U.S. Open in grand fashion, but what else? Pouting about the weather at The Open in July and then the absolutely stupid play off the tree root and subsequent injury at the PGA in August and what’s left? A one time major winner and that’s it. Dating back to the 2008 Open Championship, we’ve now had 15 different major winners in a row. Parity is here to stay and McIlroy is not the big fish he thinks he is.
Avid sports fan and golf nut. I am a lifelong resident of the Washington D.C. area and love to follow the local teams. Also worked as a golf professional in the Middle Atlantic PGA for several years and am intrigued by the game to no end. I love to play and practice and am dedicated to continual improvement.
In the course of my travels, I love to sample jambalaya. Here’s my current top picks – Check ’em out!
1) Dead Dog Saloon, Murrells Inlet, SC
2) Shrimpy’s Blues Bistro, Treasure Island, FL
3) The Cheesecake Factory, Bethesda, MD
Bertucci’s Southington, CT
Miller’s Ale House, Rockville, MD
- "There is money you earn as salary, bonuses, investments, interest, theft; and then there's money that you win playing golf. Now that's real money." -Bill Murray
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2017 Season Wrap-Lessons Learned, Truths Revealed. November 19, 2017
- Troubling Epiphany – Need Help! November 12, 2017
- The Fix Becomes The Fault November 8, 2017
- First Tee, Fast Start! October 28, 2017
- The Opportunity Cost of Playing or not Playing Sports September 17, 2017
Day by day