Opened the 2013 golf season yesterday at the local muni and was reminded of several truths:
- Don’t play on a sunny weekend day after 12:00 noon with hundreds of other cabin fever stricken hacks in the same vicinity.
- Don’t expect miracles after working all winter indoors on your golf swing. Nothing like real ball contact on a real golf course under game conditions.
- In order to train it on the range and trust it on the course, you must first build the trust.
- Don’t worry about your hands of stone on the greens. Short game is the last thing to come around after a layoff.
- Yes you can learn more about your golfing partner’s personality in one round than in ten years of socializing at dinner parties.
- And finally, a bad day on the golf course is still better than a good day at work. 🙂
How was your opening round this year?